Clients who are seeking financial assistance may be in a temporary need due to an unexpected event that has drained their resources.
Our goal is to offer our clients a hand-up and help keep them on their feet at a difficult time. Applicants may apply one time in a twelve-month period.
- Applicant must be 18 years old and a resident of Bonita Springs for a minimum of 90 days.
- Applicant should be the main caretaker or head of the household.
- Income is determined by pay stubs, unemployment eligibility certification letter or most recent income tax. For individual 65+ years old a proof Social Security income is required.
- Proof of the emergency (hospital bills, medical statement, lay off statement from employer, unemployment eligibility letter, death certificate, etc)
- Be able to pay a portion of the bill/payment
- Must attend a Financial Wellness class.
- Applicants for financial assistance must fill out and sign an application.
- Proof of residency and number of dependents may also be requested at the first visit and thereafter.
- Copy of Photo ID
- Provide the supportive information in regards to legal source of income and emergency situation.
- Applicants will participate in to an interview process to provide more information, assess the need, and determine a plan for the future in order to improve their current situation.